The St Giles Leper Hospital is a ruined chapel,on Spitals Road, Maldon.
It was founded was founded in 1164 with a grant from Henry II to provide services to the lepers. It later became a general hospital for the poor and infirm.
The remains of St Giles represent the town’s only standing Scheduled Ancient Monument: most of the existing structure dates from the 12th Century and contains Roman bricks.
Visits can be arranged by calling Maldon Town Council on (01621) 857 373.